Sunday 27 May 2012

Top 3 High End Foundations

Jemma Kidd Light As Air
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua
Clinique Superbalance Makeup


Jemma Kidd Light As Air foundation is a great foundation that I love to wear in the summer. It is  a fairly thin liquid foundation making it great for the warmer months as it feels lightweight on the skin. I would say the coverage is medium and usually in the summer I prefer light, sheer coverage, however because this foundation is so lightweight on the skin I don't mind. I find it lasts a really long time on the skin and doesn't melt off in the heat which is great and it is really easy to blend. The tube is a squeezy tube which I find gets quite messy sometimes because the foundation is so thin. The shade I have is Light, 2 which is actually a little too dark for me in the winter, but when I get a bit of colour in the summer it is a good match. This foundation is available in 7 shades which isn't that great of a shade range. It is available here for £25.




Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation is my favourite foundation. Chanel describe it as a 'second-skin' which I agree with. It evens out my skin tone and gives a lovely dewy glow to the skin whilst also being really lightweight and light coverage. This foundation is water based which makes it almost cooling on the skin which is great in the summer. I wear the shade B20 in the summer and the photo above is in B10 which I wear in the winter. This foundation is available in 9 shades and available here for £31. I have a full review on this foundation here.




Clinique Superbalance Makeup is not as lightweight as the other two foundations. I find the coverage is medium/full and is buildable, so I tend to wear this foundation if I am having a bad skin day as the coverage is great. It doesn't go cakey if I build this foundation up which is really good as I can build it up and not have to wear concealer too. The finish of this is slightly dewy which I really love, especially in the summer. A negative I have about this foundation is the glass bottle. It doesn't have a pump so I have to pour it out which can get pretty messy. This foundation is available in 20 shades which is great! I have it in the shade Alabaster, 27. It is available here for £21.50.


These are my favourite high end foundations. I am planning to post a Top 3 High Street / Drugstore Foundations next week so keep a look out for that.


What are your favourite foundations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x