Thursday 21 June 2012

Deborah Lippmann Across The Universe


When I was shopping in House of Fraser one day I spotted the Deborah Lippmann nail polishes and fell in love with them. I had heard a bit about them on other blogs and seen some photos so I was excited when I saw them. The one that caught my eye was Across the Universe which is a gorgeous navy blue with fine blue glitter and bigger silver and green glitter. 


The texture of this nail polish is almost like a jelly but it doesn't feel or look bumpy or uneven when on the nails. It's applies smooth and really nicely. I find I need between two and three coats of this to achieve an opaque colour so what I tend to do is apply Barry M Navy nail paint on first and then I only need one coat of this over the top. The one negative I have is, like with most glitter polishes, I find this can be fairly hard to remove. Fluff from the cotton pad gets stuck in the glitter when I try to remove it but once the top layer of glitter comes off the rest wipes away pretty easily. I find this nail polish lasts just under one week on the nails before it starts to chip. I do tend to use either Sally Hansen Mega Shine or Sally Hansen Insta-Dry as a top coat.


This is definitely one of my favourite nail polishes as it is so unique and I always get compliments and questions about it when I wear it. Deborah Lippmann nail polishes are available here for £16.


What is your favourite nail polish? Have you tried any Deborah Lippmann nail polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x