Saturday 2 June 2012

Favourite Fake Tans



The weather is getting hotter and sunnier lately in the UK so I thought it was time to talk about my favourite fake tans. I have 5 fake tans that I like to use and some of them are cheaper and others more expensive.




Firstly is a gradual tan from Palmer's and it's their Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze Body Lotion. I love the smell of this product as it smells quite strongly of cocoa. I find the smell does stay for quite a while before it starts to fade so if you don't like smelly products then you may not like this. This is a white product which I don't like because I can't see where I've applied it but because it's a gradual tan then it's not too bad if I apply it slightly streaky as it won't go too dark. It's not sticky and because it's a gradual tanner it doesn't need washing off which is good. After one application it leaves a really nice tan. I have used gradual tanners before that haven't made any difference to my skin but this one really does. I was surprised when I first used it how tanned it made me. Depending on how dark you want the tan to go depends on how often you apply it but I find I only need to apply it a couple of days to achieve a great summer tan. The end colour of this is just a gorgeous natural tan. It doesn't streak and lasts about 5 - 6 days after one application but obviously if you apply it a couple of days in a row then it will last over a week. This is available here for £5.35 for 250ml.


Now onto the 'proper' fake tans. I'm going to start with my fourth favourite and go onto my top favourite one.




St Moriz is a mousse self tan available in medium or dark. I have the colour medium. I know all fake tans have that biscuity smell but this fake tan is so bad. It smells so much of biscuits but I do find it fades quite quickly so it's not too bad. This is brown when it comes out the bottle which is great because I can see where I have applied it which helps me not get streaks. You leave this tan on for at least 4-6 hours before washing it off. I like the colour this tan goes - it's a natural bronzed colour that isn't really orange. I do find I can get some streaks with this tan though which isn't good. This tan lasts about 5 - 6 days I find which is pretty good, however as it starts to fade I find it can look slightly patchy. This tan is available from Savers in the UK for £2.99 for 200ml.




Solait Self Tan Foam in dark is an amazing fake tan from Superdrug. I used this tan for the whole of last summer and I love it. The colour from the bottle is brown which is good as I can see where I have applied it. The tan develops over 1 - 4 hours so it doesn't need to be left as long before showering if I am in a hurry. I do find it is slightly sticky for a while and doesn't absorb as fast as some other tans so I need to wait for a while before getting dressed. The end colour is lovely. It's in the colour dark and it is pretty dark but in a very natural way. I am quite pale and it isn't too dark and 'fake' looking for me. I don't get any streaks with this at all and when it fades, it fades naturally. I don't get any patches. This tan last about a week on me but I tend to reapply it every 5 days or so to keep the colour dark. This is available from Superdrug for £5.99 for 150ml.




St Tropez is a lovely fake tan. It probably has one of the strongest fake tan smells but it fades really quickly so I cannot smell it after a while. I smelt it earlier and had forgotten how bad it smelt! As with the others, the colour is brown so I can see where I have put it. It soaks in really quickly so I can get dressed almost immediately. Before showering, the tan needs at least 4 hours to develop which isn't too bad. If i'm not busy then I usually leave my tan to develop for the whole day anyway. The end colour is very natural and pretty dark on me - it looks like I have been abroad for a while. The colour lasts about a week on me. St Tropez is available here for £20.49 for 120ml.




Xen Tan is my favourite fake tan. The bottle can get slightly messy as it's a tube but I don't mind too much as the tan is so amazing. I use the Deep Bronze Luxe which is one of their medium tanning products that give a sun-kissed natural tan. This tan smells the nicest - it smells of vanilla and after a while it does have a faint biscuity smell but not too bad. It sinks in really quickly so I can get dressed straight after I apply it. You have to wait 3 hours before washing it off. The end result is so natural and gives a sun-kissed glow. It is not at all orange. I am left with natural, healthy and tanned skin. I just love the colour this tan gives me - it's my favourite out of all the tans. The product in the bottle is slightly green tinted which stops it being orange. I don't get any streaks with this tan and it lasts just over one week on me. Xen Tan is available here for £21.50 for 236ml.


I hope this post helps when you chose your fake tan. What is your favourite fake tan?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x