Friday 6 July 2012

YSL Top Secrets Pore Refining Skincare Brush

I love skincare - I love reading reviews on products, trying products out myself and I love it when I find products that are just amazing. I'm only young so I don't need any anti ageing products, I basically want nice skincare that will just generally keep my skin in tip top condition! I get a slightly oily nose and chin and the rest of my skin is normal - so basically, I have combination skin! 


I seem to change up my skincare a lot. I have never found products that I absolutely love and feel are great for my skin. This means when I run out of something, I don't replace it. Instead I go on a search for something new. I ran out of moisturiser a couple of months ago, so I decided to go to my local YSL counter and talk to the lady about the products because I have heard great things about them. I was recommended the Top Secrets range as the best for my skin and my age. The product she recommended for me and I bought was the Pore Refining Skincare Brush.




My first thoughts about the brush was that it was unhygienic, however she told me it was actually more hygienic then using fingers which does make sense. The brush can be washed and they recommend washing it once a week with baby shampoo to keep it soft and clean. If you would prefer to use fingers then you can simply squeeze the product out onto the brush and then wipe it onto your fingers instead of directly on your face. There is a dial to turn on (which means product can come out) and off (so product cannot come out). Simply squeeze the tube to dispense as much of this as you would like on the brush.

The actual cream is fairly thin, almost like a lotion. It sinks into the skin so quickly, I can literally start applying my makeup straight after. This cream leaves my skin with a smooth, almost matte finish whilst also feeling like it has been hydrated and moisturised. I was slightly worried that because it was pore refining and for combination skin it might dry my skin out or make it feel tight, however it really doesn't! My skin just feels soft and lovely. I apply this all over my face as my morning moisturiser, however you can just apply it to targeted areas where you need it.


I have been using this for just under a week now and my skin feels amazing. I feel my skin tone looks more even and my skin looks and feels so soft. I think the main difference in my skin is how smooth it is. I honestly don't think my skin has ever felt so smooth as it does since using this. As for my pores, they haven't dramatically reduced but I do think they are slightly less noticeable.


This product is available here for £38.


YSL also do a Flash Radiance Skincare Brush and a Daily Protective Makeup Base Skincare Brush for different skin types.


I hope you enjoyed reading this post! Have you tried any YSL skincare products? What are your favourite skincare products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x