Sunday 24 February 2013

Charles Worthington Intense Rescue Melting Balm

Hello! I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday. I bought the Charles Worthington Intense Rescue Melting Balm nearly 6 months ago now, so I thought I would review it for you!


The Charles Worthington Salon At Home range is basically just their more expensive range. All of the products look lovely and sound perfect for my thick, dry hair so I picked a couple up. 

The melting balm is aimed towards dry hair to moisturise and nourish it. You apply it to dry hair, leave it for about 20 minutes and then shampoo and condition as normal. I was expecting the product itself to be creamy and almost buttery in the pot but it is completely the opposite! It is so difficult to get out. If you can see in the photo below, I literally have to scratch at it and (however silly this sounds) it hurts my fingers! It's very solid and does take me quite a while to get out.


Once I rub my hands together to warm it up though, it melts into a lovely oil. You can see some of it already melting in the photo above! I keep this only on the lengths of my hair, not up to the roots because my hair can get greasy. I usually use this when I can leave it on for a long time. The other day I popped this in my hair, tied it in a bun and left it for about 5 hours.

When I rinse this out of my hair, I can instantly feel the difference! I can honestly say, no hair mask/treatment has ever left my hair feeling so soft, light, bouncy and incredible as this does!

When my hair is feeling dry and in need of some moisture, this is my favourite, go to product that I can rely on to add some nourishment and hydration into my hair.

My only negative, like I said earlier, is that it is so solid and difficult to get out of the pot! It is completely worth that though because it leaves my hair feeling unbelievably soft.

I am utterly useless at remembering to use hair masks/treatments so I definitely don't use this as often as I should. It is so amazing though that it makes me want to use it a lot more than I would usually remember, so I probably end up using it a couple of times per month!

I also bought the Moisture Seal Overnight Healer at the same time and gave it to my mum for Christmas! She has let me use it quite a lot though so I will be reviewing that soon too if you would like.

The melting balm is available here for £16.99. (Currently cheaper though as it's 1/3 off!)

Have you tried anything from the Salon At Home range? I would love to know what you think!




37 comments:

  1. I haven't tried anything from the more expensive range but this sounds amazing! I've also never tried a balm as a leave in treatment.. I will have to invest :)
    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so incredible! I would definitely recommend it :) I want to try everything else from this range now too! :) xx

      Delete
  2. It sounds amazing for a pricey tag like that but it's worth investing in since you have been using it for the past 6months, thanks for the review! x

    www.justshazea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite pricey for something from Boots but I definitely think it is worth it! I have tried a lot of hair treatments and it's the best :) xx

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried it yet either, but it sounds sooo great that I will probably get it someday without looking at the prize. :D
    Lovely post!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it if you try it! It's by far the best treatment I have ever used! It's worth hurting my fingers for! Haha :) Thank you xx

      Delete
  4. This sounds lovely! I've never seen a solid hair mask before :) I would love to give a go though xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing! It's so solid in the post but melts really quickly once it's out which is great! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to try this ever since Fleurdeforce first mentioned it, but I never got round to purchasing it. I'll definitely have to stop by Boots at some point in the near future. Great review!

    Nicola:
    www.the-dailyswatch.blogspot.co.uk
    @the_dailyswatch
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh let me know if you try it! I love it :) Thank you xx

      Delete
  6. Hey Becky! Thank you for your lovely comment, it was great meeting you yesterday- I loved your hair! hopefully next time we'll be able to have a proper chat :). This product looks fab, I actually really like tactile products with interesting textures so this is right up my street and is a really good price :)
    Poppy | far away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Poppy! You're welcome, it was lovely meeting you too! Aww thank you so much :) That would be great :) It is really incredible! Ooh let me know if you ever try it! I would definitely recommend it :) xx

      Delete
  7. I have been wanting to try this for a while now..
    After this review I just might!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yay I would definitely recommend it! It is honestly the best hair product I have ever used :) xx

      Delete
  8. I really want this. Great review. I've only heard good things one this. Great to meet you yesterday.

    M

    xx

    http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! Thank you :) Aww it was great to meet you too! :) xx

      Delete
  9. I really want to try something from this range of products, so I may give this a go first xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I hope you like it! I am planning to try more :) xx

      Delete
  10. Wow, what a shocking product! Never heard of a hair product with this texture! looks awesome! I think I need it!

    MyMakeUpCompulsion

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds great! My hair is so dry at the moment, might have to give this a try!
    New follower :)
    Vicki xx

    missvlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it - my hair was quite dry and this has completely hydrated it :) Thank you xx

      Delete
  12. Great review, will have to give this a go. I'm a new follower, would love it if you checked out my London Fashion Weekend post. xxx

    http://www.sophie-denise.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Becky, I definitely want to try this!
    Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great product, I'm terrible at making time for treatments like this! Was nice to meet you on Saturday at the bbmeet :)

    Soul Sparkler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I am too! I love this one though because you use it on dry hair so I find it a lot easier to fit in! I am rubbish at using ones that go on damp hair after it's been washed! :) Aww you too lovely :) xx

      Delete
  15. Definitely need to pick this up, my hair has dryed out recently :(

    A little bit Unique

    x

    Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Click here


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely say this is worth a go then! I ombred my hair so it's gone a little drier and this has helped a lot :) xx

      Delete
  16. I definitely need to give this a go, my hair is feeling all horrible and dry lately and this looks like it could really help!

    great blog - I have followed you :)

    www.sunbeamsanddaisydreams.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh it sounds perfect for you! I hope it works as well for you :) Yay thank you xx

      Delete
  17. I saw fleurdeforce raving about it and since then I am obsessed. I am going to get it SOON. Yess! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have this in my stash and having read your blog post dug it out again last night. You are certainly right about having to dig it out. But, and this is probably just me I love taking it and turning it into the oil there is something quite fascinating about it. x

    whatsonyourtulips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I completely agree! When it starts melting into a thick paste and then into the oil it is lovely! Getting it out in the first place is a struggle though! :) xx

      Delete
  19. Oooh this looks really interesting, I will definitely be trying this out!!
    Xxx

    jazzabelled.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x